- Where is Little Cherubs Day Nursery?
- The nursery is located in the Whitchurch, Cardiff. Our address is 12 Penlline Rd, Whitchurch, Cardiff, CF14 2AD.
- What payment methods do you accept?
- You can pay by Bacs, online payment, standing order, cash or cheque. We are also able to accept childcare vouchers and tax-free childcare.
- Can I come and see the nursery?
- Yes, viewings are available – . We give viewings daily at around 10.30am and 2.00pm, but we can be flexible if these times don’t suit you.
- What does the nursery’s latest inspection report say?
- Our latest inspection report can viewed on the CIW Website. We can also give you a copy of our report (along with our yearly quality of care review) when you visit the nursery.
- Do you participate in The Childcare Offer for Wales?
- Yes, we are part of The Childcare Offer for children aged 3 years and over. We supply you with all the necessary forms and details leading up to your child’s 3rd birthday. These forms will give you all the information you need, and we are happy to discuss and help you make sense of the offer.
- How will you help my child to settle in?
- We invite you to visit the nursery with your child and chat to the staff who will be working in your child’s room. We can then answer any questions you may have, get to know your child, and fill in some paperwork. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can pop out for 10-30 minutes to see how your child gets on without you.
Subsequent settling-in sessions can be spread out over 1 to 2.5 hours, and may include meal and sleep times. We’ll liaise with you to determine the best days and times to suit you, your child and the nursery. We recommend starting these settling-in sessions at least 2 weeks before your child starts nursery – this will give them time to get used to their new surroundings.
You can book as many settling-in sessions as your child needs, and we will be as flexible as possible to ensure you feel comfortable leaving your child in our care.
- Do I need to bring anything in for my child?
- You will be provided with information on what to bring to nursery for your child. We supply nappies, wipes and milk for the younger children, but you may wish to bring in spare clothes and comforters.
For older children, we’ll always ask you bring in a coat and hat for the winter months, and maybe wellington boots too. In summer, we recommend bringing in a hat as we love to go outside in our large garden area.
- What sleeping arrangements does the nursery provide?
- We work with you to provide something that suits your child. Babies can rest in the cots in our calming sleep room, and we also have bouncer chairs for them to relax in. Toddlers and older children usually sleep on fold-out mats in their playrooms after lunch – you’d be surprised how quickly they fall asleep after a busy morning!
- What happens if my child cannot attend nursery due to illness?
- We have a comprehensive period of exclusion policy, which is detailed in our information and enrolment packs.
- What happens if my child falls ill at nursery?
- If your child is ill whilst at nursery, we will contact you and ask you to collect your child as soon as possible.
- Can the nursery staff administer medication to my child?
- Yes – if necessary, we are able to administer antibiotics and other medications once your child has returned to nursery after the designated exclusion period for their illness. We’ll be happy to work with you regarding any care plans or asthma plans your child may have.
- What is your outdoor play area like?
- We are really proud of our extensive outdoor area, and we try to get outside as much as possible. We have a large wet pour area with a castle climbing frame, play houses and large summer house. The children enjoy riding around the wet pour track on all the bikes we have.
We also have a sensory garden with a large sand pit, grass and tree area, plants and growing area, picnic tables and a green house. The children love exploring this area and the imaginative games they play.
Both of our outdoor areas are very large, allowing 2 groups to play outside at any one time.
- How much notice do I need to give when terminating my contract?
- We require one month’s notice in writing to terminate the contract. All fees are paid one month in advance, and final fees will be worked out for you upon leaving.
- Can you cater for my child’s dietary requirements / food allergies?
- We can work with you and your child to cater for their specific dietary needs and/or allergies. Our qualified chef and sous-chef have extensive experience in the catering business – they are aware of allergens and are more than capable of preparing dairy-free food, vegan food, vegetarian food and other special meals.
If your child has an allergy, you will be invited to speak to the chef to discuss alternative food options based on what works best for your child.